Monday, May 10, 2010

A WARNING about GILT- Price Inflation!



I'm sure I'm not the only one that shops on  Gilt occasionally.   This weekend they were having a "sale" on Threadless shirts.  Gilt had the original price listed as $54, and marked down to $24.     As some of you might know, Threadless shirts retail for $18, and you can regularly buy them through their site directly for $10, sometimes even $5.

WHAT A FREAKIN SCAM!

By chance, my friend John was in there today and asked if there was a difference in the shirts that were being sold (like higher quality or something)  NOPE.  Same thing.  They said that the difference in the price IS WHAT GILT CHARGES.  

Goodness knows what else they are inflating the retail price on!!

BUYER BEWARE!

1 comment:

  1. Eff Gilt. I think their prices are too high. I've noticed the same thing you have!
    And what's up with their $10 flat shipping rate that they never adjust? All of those sale sites do that. I'm not buying a pair of socks and paying $10 to have them sent over. Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete