Monday, May 3, 2010

FINALLY - Blackberry Farm!


The countdown is finally over, Blackberry Farm is open for business.

Located way the heck west of Chicago in Aurora, IL its a darling little living history park that features a carousel, historic buildings, pony rides, farm, and more antique and vintage farm equipment that you can handle.   Best of all, it has train and wagon rides!

The kid and I had a ball riding the train and wagon circuit for the better part of the afternoon.  Just before I left I was able to placate him with the player piano in the "saloon" part of the Early Streets museum so I could take a quick look around the other displays.  For those of you who are familiar with "Yesterday's Main Street" at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, this little park's display it puts it to shame!

I was sad that the ponies weren't open for business today, but the kid had enough to do anyway.   Where else are you going to get all of this plus UNLIMITED pony  rides for 6 bucks.

Its a definite "must do" if you're in the area and worth the drive if you're not!

1 comment:

  1. Well now I am not in the area but it looks like you had a bunch of fun.

    ReplyDelete